Monday, May 2, 2011

Cooper. Day 2.

Cooper is a sweet little boy. He has a tender heart. Often when I discipline him he breaks down and starts to cry even before I am finished and will want to give me a hug and cuddle. I don't know if that is normal but please don't tell me if it is! I want to keep thinking he is a tender heart.
He has his days, I am not saying that he is perfect, but I appreciate his sensitivity and how for the most part he wants to make amends if he needs to.
I particularly am pleased with his relationship with Avery. He watches out for her. He is a great big brother. He always has a kiss and hug for her, tries to help her if she is crying, plays with her and even shares. She in turn adores Cooper. It is so amazing the connection these 2 have. I can't explain it in words as to how it makes me feel but I just love it and it makes me ubber happy. Seeing them together is one of those motherhood gems that makes all the hard times more than worth it.
It kind of reminds me of my older brother. I thought he was the best and he took good care of me when we were growing up. 
Being as Cooper loves his little sister he likes to share. Avery will be laying on the floor playing with one of her toys and Cooper will announce "share", which means I want to be down on the floor beside her. When I hear this I react quickly. If I don't Avery will end up with a portion of her body laid on or squished because Cooper has tried to lay beside her to squeeze into the area under the toy. (You will see what I mean in the pictures). I move her over and help Cooper get situated so that he doesn't knock her in the head with an elbow or lay on her arm. Avery's reaction is one of happiness and she loves it when Cooper comes to "share" with her, that is if he hasn't hurt her in the process of trying to share.


This is what we call the caterpillar. It is a small mat but big enough for 2 little bodies!


Cooper having a tender moment with his sister.

This one cracks me up. I wonder what is going through Avery's head. Maybe: "I am so lucky to have such a great big brother like you Cooper! Or: "you again, would you just leave me alone to play by myself already"!


One of his many little tender touches he has for his baby sister.



My sweet little ones. I am one happy Momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment