Monday, October 4, 2010

Yellow room

This post is really for my brilliant sister. We are moving into our new place this week and have a few days to clean and put some fresh paint on the walls (one of my fav things to do). I watched this show on the W channel and they did this room. I love it. It took some convincing to get Kent's approval but once he saw this makeover he was ok with the yellow. Obviously my room won't look exactly like this but something along these lines.

So Carda,
I am not going to do the lines with the yellow like it is shown here. In fact I was hoping to do all the walls in a solid yellow. Is that a bad idea? Should I stick with just one wall yellow (the wall with the head of the bed) and do say white on the rest of the walls? Our room is quite samll and will probably barely fit our bed in it and 2 dressers. Let me know what you think.
Also has anyone out there who reads this blog had any experience with dyeing fabric? I have some brown curtains that I want to make black. Buying more curtains isn't an option so I have to figure out how to dye them.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that room ... I like the stripes though, they add depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunny yellows. you will have to post pics once it is done. I have a retro quilt that I found in value village. sunny yellow and chocolate brown...so awesome!...a very different vibe than the yellow, black and white but if you can't dye the curtians, you could change the colour scheme to be more hippie-retro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you're looking for votes, I vote for stripes! I love them! And then the rest of the walls you could paint white or cream. In the event you're not interested in votes, I would just like to say, I love that picture! good taste!

    ReplyDelete