Friday, October 15, 2010

Oct 15, 2010

It's our last day at the hotel. I am surprised this is a bitter sweet day. I thought I would leave the hotel and never look back but we have become friends with some of the staff and they have been really good to us. Not to mention it is nice being cleaned up after and not preparing meals. Our cleaning lady Paula, has been stupendous. I feel bad for doing it but when Cooper made a mess with his toys I just left them as it is hard for me to bend over and pick them up with my prego belly. Cooper does not keep his toys contained either. They are everywhere. However, everyday they were back in the box after she had been in to clean. We have had some good chats and Paula was the first person we met and became friends with in NL.

The house is all painted now except for the trim/moulding. We just ran out of time. As the movers were unpacking I was still painting Bugs room. I just had to get the last coat of paint on. Our kitchen reno is the first week of November and I can't wait. I am super excited. We have lots to do before then.

Unpacking went well. Or should I say the start of it went well. Our basement that I thought was so big doesn't look so big anymore. It is really full of boxes and stuff. I am embarrassed by how much stuff we have. In fact we have too much stuff and I feel that not only do we need to simplify but we need to do as Elder Faust said "use up, wear out and make do" (or at least it was close to that). We have so much as North American's and we take so much for granted.
I am with out Internet for a while until it is hooked up on the 21st. So I will be off line. Hopefully I will be far enough along in getting things done around the house that I will be able to show you before and after pictures soon.
Luvs,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment