Friday, October 1, 2010

Prayers Answered Sep 30, 2010

We took Cooper back to ER for reassessment. I was expecting the worst but hoping for the best. My youngest brother burnt himself really, really bad and I thought Coopers arm was going to look like my brothers burns. However, our prayers were answered. His burns were healing well and the burn to his chest didn't need to have a dressing/bandage. His arm was much better than I could have imagined and although it still has a ways to go before it is healed I am happy about how good it looked.
We are grateful for the prayers on his behalf. We feel very blessed. Thank you.

Once Kent showed Cooper how the bed went up and down he loved it and wanted to do it himself.

Cooper being so good and still. He was amazing. He didn't move while having the dressings removed and put on. We gave him mini Rolo's to keep him preoccupied but I don't think he really needed them. He just kept his arm out and watched the nurse but the bandage one.

His chest after three days. It was fine and didn't need a dressing.

The burn to his left arm after 3 days. I was still oozing and bleeding a bit. It looks great though. I thought it would be worse.

Cheezie grin! The first dressings just before they took them off.

Daddy and Cooper playing around. (Clearly this is much harder on Mom then on Cooper).

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! What a tough little guy. He is certainly being blessed to heal so well. I've never had a kid with a serious burn, but I did neglect Harlee in a shopping cart long enough for her to fall out and break her collar bone. She was just 11 months old. It sucks when they get hurt on your watch. Way to be super mom and take control in the moment. I think the emotional part of motherhood can be the hardest sometimes. He's lucky to have you.
    Congrats on the new baby! I think you'll be surprised at how quickly and easily the next one will fit into your life. We eat a lot of very easy meals around here while we are adjusting to a new baby. Don't be to hard on yourself. You will surely find a way to balance everything out. No one will report you if Cooper is still in pj's at supper, or if you eat hot dogs for lunch three days a week, or if your bathroom garbage hasn't been changed recently... Give yourself a bit of a break and remember to graciously accept any help that is offered.
    Love your blog. Thanks for sharing.:D Good luck with figuring it all out and remember to enjoy the journey :D
    Heather May

    ReplyDelete