Thursday, November 25, 2010

Cooper and brushing teeth

November 22, 2010
I just wanted to share something Cooper does that I think is adorable and makes me laugh.
Cooper has a love hate relationship with his toothbrush.  In order to actually get his teeth cleaned I lay him down on the floor straddle him, pin his arms between my legs and his torso and proceed to brush his teeth. This way he can’t get away or push me away. I know it is cruel but a Mom’s gotta do cruel things for the greater good sometimes.
Despite him not liking the whole process he still finds his toothbrush and toothpaste and brings it to me everyday wanting his teeth brushed.  In fact it’s not just him giving it to me and letting me know he wants to brush his teeth but he practically begs and pleads for me to do it. Once he sees me putting the toothpaste on his brush he goes and finds a place to lay down already knowing what is coming.  It is the funniest thing to me.  I sing this song to try and make it fun for him and part of the song is making a brushing sound.  When he wants his teeth brushed he will also make the brushing sound as part of the begging/pleading process for me to brush his teeth. The song goes like this: When you wake up in the morning and it’s quarter to 5 and you just want to feel alive, you brush your teeth, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh. You brush your teeth, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh, chsh.  Then repeat with the next hour (so quarter to six) and make up a verse that rhymes and so on.
I sure love my little man. He makes me smile. Oh, and since my last post about him getting big so fast I just want to say that he has sprouted and is so much taller than he was a month and a half ago. It blows me away how much he has grown.   
 Cooper laying down on the floor waiting for me to come brush his teeth. Notice how he went to the softest area to lay down on.

Playing with his toothbrush after having his teeth brushed. We got him a spin brush so he would stop pulling Kent's and mine out. However, I think his favorite is Daddy's.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there!! It's Bev from Flamingo Toes! Michele let me know that you had left a question on my guest post this morning - I tried to reply but you have your profile set to "no reply". So I tracked you down here. :)
    Yes - it is regular Freezer Paper - from the grocery store. You iron the shiny side onto the fabric to stabilize it, and print directly on the fabric.
    I don't know if it's washable - I haven't tried that yet.
    Thanks so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny little man :) We had to brush Brooke's teeth like that for a long time ... she doesn't fight it anymore, thanks goodness. I hated pinning her down!

    ReplyDelete