Friday, March 4, 2011

Update March 4, 2011

Time goes so fast. Avery is 2 months old and Cooper is almost 22 months. WOW!
Kent's parents were here for a visit and to help with Avery from December to mid January. Then my parents came out right after and my Mom is here still. She leaves on the 14th and I worry about doing this all on my own. I need to just keep telling myself I can and I know I can, I just don't want to be wanting to pull my hair out every 10 minutes.
Avery has changed so much and is not so fussy. She a much happier baby and is starting to fall asleep all by herself with the help of a soother, and even sometimes doesn't even need that. It is a miracle, just ask my in laws they will attest to it! She has a test next week to see if she has urine back flowing into her kidneys from her bladder. This is a follow up test from her urinary track infection that put her in the hospital with a really high fever for four days. She is doing much better.
Cooper is at a super fun age and we have lots of fun together. He is talking so much and loves repeating every thing we say. He loves his little sister but doesn't quite understand the limits with her being so little. He has lots of kisses for her and loves helping out by bringing things to us for her or throwing out diapers. His favorite thing to do right now is watching "Signing Times" which is a DVD to teach parents and children sign language. He has picked up so many signs and uses them all the time. He has his own variation so sometimes I am not sure what sign he is using. It is so cute to watch him learn and grow. He has a tender heart but sometimes can be a little mean by poking or throwing things. We are trying to teach him that we only throw balls but Avery has been at the tail end of him throwing other things. Poor girl! He doesn't quite understand consequences to his actions. It will come I am sure. I feel bad for him as it seems we hardly have any time to play just the 2 of us. Either I am dealing with Avery or feeding her. Soon he won't have a Grandma to play with.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the test. Our oldest had kidney reflux but we didn't find it till she was 4. How lucky you are to find it early (if it's there). It's not the loveliest test but I wish we'd had it done as early as Avery is.
    I don't know any Mum that feels she has enough time for all her children. But I'm sure you are doing better than you think. Maybe you could read books with him while you're feeding her? Or forget the housework and tell Kent you had more important things to do today :). Hmmmm... think I'll start doing that one...

    ReplyDelete