Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blessed

Jan 9, 2011
Avery  is here 7 lbs. 10 oz.. I think you all pretty much know this already. She was almost the New Years baby in NL but an emergent C-section squeeked in just before me.
To be honest this has turned out to be one of the hardest weeks I can recall of my life. I am an emotional wreck, totally sleep deprived and had an infection on top of it. So glad the inlaws are here. Now I just need to stop feeling bad about delegating and allow them to help. This I am finding very hard.
I don't remeber it being so hard with Cooper.
Avery,s nights and days are flipped which is making things hard. Any suggestions?
I don't mean to be all doom and gloom, just honest. I do feel extremely blessed and was so thrilled this morning to be getting not just one but two children ready for church, I loved dressing up my baby girl in pink and brown, with a large flower on her hat Grandma had lovingly crocheted. I should of taken a picture but we had Avery's dress and Cooper's white shirt hanging together on my scrapbook hutch ready for Sunday morn. It provoked some reflectiion and a realization that I am now a Mother of 2 beautiful, healthy children. It made me smile and I felt like I was glowing. I am so blessed even if it has been a hard week.


Already for church.
  

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations! We've been waiting to hear the news. She is SO beautiful!

    And you go right ahead and write down all the good and the bad. Those bad days are normal. Truly they are. And it's good to write them down because the good will outweigh the bad and sometimes the bad will get forgotten (and that's good) but it will help your little daughter to know that her mom had bad days too (when someday she makes you a grandma ; D).

    It's nice that you have your in laws there to help out. Soak it in as much as you can when you can. Rest up!

    Avery is truly beautiful. And so are you. Look at you glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Sista!
    My advice to you is to accept the help! Swallow whatever it is that is stopping you from accepting, and take it :) They won't be there forever, and you will be so grateful to be more rested now when they leave! I'm sure your doing great Myril, just take it one day at a time! I know it's easy for me to say not yet being a mother of 2 but I'm hoping to take my own advice ;)
    Also, about Avery's nights and days being flipped ... she'll figure it out. Brookey was like that to, and I found that if I tried to hard to control when she slept as a newborn no one got any sleep ... ever. I know, again it's easier said then done.
    If anyone can do this, it's you! Your a wonderful Momma :)
    I know it'll probably be many months, but we can't wait to meet Avery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are all doing a great job...take care of yourself and try to sleep when she does.
    I put Evan down for nap (in his crib) a whole hour and a half early today as I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open...he chatted to himself for a long while, but I just needed to lay down...it all worked out ok and I felt like I did the right thing after I had slept...hard to make the decision though...
    love from all of us!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ril!
    My cousin was a nanny for years and used the Gina Ford program on four different kids (including her own) and it worked sweet! I've been doing it for about a week and a half and Caleb is doing SO much better now. Of course he's 7 months so I've started him real late on it, but last night I had my best sleep since he was born. She has a book called "The new contented little baby book".
    Isn't it fun dressing up little girls? So much more to wear than a boy. My advice though is don't save the dresses for Sunday's or special day's. Wear them every day! So cute.

    Love ya
    Janferay

    ReplyDelete